There are many benefits to studying cyber security. For starters, companies and individuals are at a higher risk of falling victim to hackers and cyberterrorists. Because of this, studying such a course enables you to help your clients put in the right measures to avoid falling foul of cyber criminals. Based on this, it’s not shocking to see many people interested to know the best courses for cyber security. In choosing one, you need to look at various factors. For example, does it offer value for money? Do you have to be knowledgeable on cyber security first? Is the course online or purely offline? Are you certified upon graduation? That’s what you will learn through this article, which reviews all the best courses for cyber security, including Udemy! Through it, you should be able to save time and money!
Udemy has some of the world’s best cyber security instructors. The instructors are well trained and with enough experience in issues regarding cyber security. For this reason, you are more likely to benefit incredibly from sitting in their classes to improve your understanding of cyber security. More impressively, as you do that, you would also be in line for a certification upon successful completion of the course.
Additionally, you have the choice of signing up for free or paid-for courses. The quality is more or less similar for both packages. However, you get more content through the paid-for courses.
Furthermore, the courses are in different categories. Consequently, you could sign for a beginner’s course. Alternatively, with a bit more experience, you would be a good candidate for the advanced courses.
- Taught by the most experienced and best-trained cyber security instructors
- Available as either paid or free courses
- Offered online thus giving you the freedom to learn at your pace
- Perfect for professionals, beginners, and amateurs alike
- Courses available from a wide variety of authors thus offering you more options
- It’s a purely online course
2) Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
ISACA offers the Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM) course. Through this online course, you would be able to improve your expertise in management of information security. Furthermore, you get a certification at the end of the course. However, you have to be ready to pass through a stringent process to get the certification. For starters, you would also need to prove that you possess more than five years of experience in various IT or cyber-related fields. Once your application goes through, you would then have to sit through 200 question exams. Fortunately, the results are quite rewarding. For example, the certification enjoys worldwide recognition. Employers and clients alike are likely to receive your application, proposal, or solutions with more warmth once they see that you are a CISM-certified cyber security expert!
- The online course offers you more leeway to plan your daily activities
- Offers students a chance to study with others who are more experienced in cyber security issues as part of a group
- Group studies are perfect for identifying and working on areas of weakness
- Students have access to all the courses’ resources and those of the group too
- Possibility of being underprepared are high because students only enjoy few in-person contact hours
StationX has a rich offering of cyber security courses. Its stable offers more than 100 different courses. Consequently, you have the freedom to choose the course that appeals more to you. Through it, your knowledge in security coding, networking, penetration testing, ethical hacking, incident response, and digital forensics will improve substantially. However, you have to be ready to register in its StationX VIP Membership to enjoy all these benefits and more. Typically, a course costs between $90 and $2,000.
Nevertheless, you could take up the offer of $149, which is a discounted rate. Additionally, you have the option of streaming or downloading the lessons you wish to study. What is more, the lessons are easily accessible via desktops or mobile devices too.
- Perfect for beginners
- Lessons are well-arranged
- Discounts offered
- Wide-ranging lessons to choose from
- Regularly updated to keep the information fresh
- Can be quite costly for some students
Coursera has a cyber security course worth signing up for, whether you’re an amateur or professional. To study the course, you would have to be ready to put in a proper shift. Here, you would need to spare at least nine hours each week for a couple of months.
Additionally, the content is not for those who wish to sit on the knowledge. It’s for people interested in working as professionals in the cyber security industry. What is more, you have the option of taking up any of the free courses on offer on Coursera at no cost! Other than that, you could opt for the specialized courses, which cost around $39-$79 each month. To save money, you would need to be ready to spend as little time as possible on the courses. Therefore, set the ball rolling by studying Introduction to Cyber Security!
- Online platform, which allows you to study at your pace
- Courses are accessible on Smartphone, desktop, and tablet
- Offers a 7-day free trial
- Extends a highly interactive style of learning to students
- Courses are accredited by top universities
- You only get instructions from university instructors
5) Microsoft Virtual Academy
Microsoft Virtual Academy offers cyber security courses for professionals in Information Technology. By nature, the courses are too complex. Because of that, beginners would struggle with the classes. Most of the lessons here touch on Microsoft Windows. You would also encounter classes on other related operating systems. Typically, Microsoft Virtual Academy’s 35 different courses are all accredited and certified. Therefore, you are sure that your efforts in the class would never go to waste. More interestingly, it’s worth noting that the classes are all online. Consequently, that means you are free to choose the time that suits you the best for studying. Furthermore, you are free to study at your pace, as there is no rush to finish by a specific date.
- Wide-ranging courses
- Perfect courses for professionals in IT
- Accessible to learners all over the world
- Classes not ideal for non-professionals
Do you wish to learn cyber security? You should take the best courses for cyber security. Several options are open to you in this regard. For starters, you could study Coursera. The highly acclaimed and popular Udemy is an excellent tool for those wishing to learn from some of the best trainers available in the industry. Microsoft Virtual Academy also offers students in cyber security a chance to pursue their passion and interest. Lessons from StationX would also serve you outstandingly. ICASA’s CISM is a powerful option for those interested in certified courses. Good news about all these courses is they are of the highest quality. Many are free too. They are all convenient to study, as well. Therefore, feel free to start register and start studying them today!
- Phantom Attack Bluffs Self Driving Cars By Displaying Simulated Objects
- TI WooCommerce Wishlist WP Plugin Flaw Could Allow Site Takeovers
- TikTok Launches Bug Bounty Program As It Partners With HackerOne
- Microsoft Released Out-of-Band Fixes For Two Remote Code Execution Bugs
- Multiple Vulnerabilities In Discord Desktop App Could Allow RCE Attacks